15 Places to Visit in NSW
Updated: Feb 26, 2022
Explore more of our stunning state #Holidayherethisyear Whether you are a local 'Sydney-sider' or living interstate across Australia, there is an endless amount of adventure to experience. Here is a snapshot of things to do, places to visit and memories to make; from the South Coast to the North Coast, and all there is in between.
1. Kelly's Falls ~ Stanwell Tops Garrawarra State Conservation Area. Kelly's Falls Walking Track takes under 1 hour to complete walking. It's a perfect bush-walk to listen to the serene sounds of wildlife and flowing falls! Tip: Go off the beaten trail (Take the Princess Marina Track) to indulge in the most beautiful waterfall and green waters below!
2. Red Rock ~Mid North Coast ~ Coffs Harbour
This quiet beach in the coastal village is breathtaking. Note the colours of the rock as the name suggests. An ancient headland also carries through into an river-mouth nearby for kayaking and swimming, To get here, you need to walk through the @ReflectionsHolidayParks (Instagram linked) to arrive at the beach. If you are already in Coffs Harbour this is absolutely worth the drive further north (approximately 40km). Red Rock ~ Coffs Coast
3. Vibe Hotel ~ Darling Harbour: Oh it is a Vibe! Mini 'stay-cay' for those living in Sydney, or a perfect place to stay among the bustling CBD for those travelling to explore the 'big smoke'. It boasts a Rooftop Cocktail Bar (Above 319) , a sleek , chic skyline pool with admirable views, based in the heart of the city, with modern rooms, and the friendly smiley staff will brighten up your day. Check out their Instagram handle here for various other cities & locations. Take a peep here at the stunning modern hotel: HotelLink (Booking.com)
4. Kiama Blowhole: Get up close with the renowned blowhole on the South Coast. Check out the Lighthouse and the history behind it. Explore the local markets and stalls at @KiamaSeasideMarkets (3rd Sunday every month)
5. The Basin Campground: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. The only place where you can camp in this National Park. Catch a ferry over or get a water taxi from Palm Beach where you can park up the car. It's located in the Northern Beaches suburbs surrounded by Pittwater river, a mere one hour drive from Sydney CBD. Don't forget to capture the sunset from the jetty.
6. Helicopter Tour : SydneyHeliTours (Book here on their website) Capture this unbelievable footage from an aerial view. Look at our stunning coastline. Look at our amazing harbour. I will never forget this tour!
7. Hyams Beach ~ Jervis Bay This beach needs no introduction. The fine white sands will just glisten beneath you - Paradise found! Under a 3 hour drive south of Sydney's CBD, admire the beautiful scenic route along the way.
8. Barrenjoey Lighthouse ~ Palm Beach Worth the hike up for those spectacular 360 views (you'll want to stay forever) There are options of which track to choose, and you can only get up there by walking, no cars allowed at the top. Guided tours inside the Lighthouse are available.
FACT: The name stems from the headland name 'Barrenjuee' which means Wallaby or Kangaroo. There were so many various spellings over the years and it eventually became Barrenjoey!
9. Swissotel ~Sydney CBD: Treat yourself to a Spa Package in the city! Indulge in a pampering session at the with some tea and treats, then lounge by the pool sipping on bubbles - rooftop style! This is such a relaxing day; check out their latest deals here: SwissotelSydney
10. Lake Illawarra ~ Shellharbour ~ South Coast
Capture this magical sunset on Lake Illawarra - Boonerah Point Reserve, just a 10 minute drive outside of Shellharbour, and under a 2 hour drive South of Sydney CBD. If you are in the area checking out the Kiama Blowhole (no.4) this is only a half-hour drive from there too!
11. The Entrance ~ Central Coast ~ NSW
Make an entrance, why not! The Central Coast is an absolute must on your bucket list of NSW. Look at these shades of pristine waters - beach perfection! Tropical Lagoon vibes surround the village, There are so many parts of the Central Coast to go to along the way such as; Umina, Ettalong, Woy Woy & Terrigal! You will even see some friendly Pelicans just chilling out.
12. North Sydney Olympic Swimming Pool Take yourself for a dip at one of the most iconic pools there is. Soak up the rays as you watch the traffic of the harbour sail past. Explore the area of Milsons Point and pop into @LunaParkSydney next door for some fun. Breakfast, lunch or dinner below at @RipplesMilsonsPoint is also a great shout while you continue to admire the views.
13. Salmon Haul Bay ~ Cronulla ~ South Coast Explore more of Cronulla. Venture over the Salmon Haul Bay Reserve. This is such a gorgeous swimming spot in summer. The views will take you across as far as the National Park.
14. Port Stephens ~ North Coast ~ NSW Transport yourself to the Desert and visit @SandDuneSafaris Take a camel ride at Anna Bay. Enjoy the thrill of sand-boarding. On your way to Port Stephens, stop off at Morrisset Park to get up close with the 'Roos. Cool down at Shoal Bay beach with a BBQ/picnic.
15. Diamond Bay: Visit this spot on the Federation Cliff Walk (Watsons Bay to Bondi) The picture speaks for itself. It is an absolute beauty right on our doorstep here in Sydney.
These images shared are all my own photos that I captured over the last number of years while living in Sydney. This is the first of a two-part blog, where I will soon follow up with another 15 Places to See in New South Wales! Keep your eyes peeled.
Please feel free to send me an email if you would like any further information on any of these destinations; how to get there, accommodation recommendations, best restaurant to check out etc.
Always remember, Carpe Diem and explore more! #VisitNSW